How does Poseidon install the system
Poseidon can be installed in
existing pools or integrated into design plans for pools under construction.
In addition, it can be installed in pools that are empty and pools
that are full of water.
We install Poseidon in the following
- Overhead cameras are mounted to the ceiling structure of the pool (or to poles for outdoor pools). When underwater cameras are needed (for water deeper than 9 feet), the first step will be to drill and seal the niches in the pool walls that will house the underwater cameras .
- A 3D survey of the pool is performed.
- Installing the cabling to provide power to the the cameras and to the
computer. This step ends the installation
phase and begins system set up.
- Poseidon professionals now
set up the computers, check proper overhead cameras orientation and/or mount underwater cameras in the niches.
- Poseidon professionals then configure the system by producing technical images of the
pool so that the software knows the exact location of each camera in relation
to the pool and each other.
- The second part of configuring the system is conducted at our
system configuration center, where the software "learns"
the textures and features of the pool. This information is downloaded
into a three dimensional (3D) model of the pool and matched with
the Poseidon drowning detection models that the system has already
stored. Together, this software enables the system to identify
a swimmer in danger and indicates the swimmer's location in the
pool. This step completes configuration.
- The System is switched on and tested thoroughly.
- We train lifeguards and other pool personnel
on the system so that they know how it works, and how it complements their job
as safety professionals.
- The system goes live!
How does Poseidon maintain the system
Poseidon provides both preventative and corrective
hardware and software maintenance for the Poseidon
Remote software maintenance is provided
by our Software Operations group, through an ADSL line connecting
each site to our tele-maintenance center.
On site hardware
maintenance is provided by our Hardware Operations group or our Approved Partners.
us for further information